Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cinnamon and sugar tortillas

Today was one of those chilly days where I needed to work-up something good, not just for me but for my kids.

Every time they come home, the questions are asked each and every day, "What can I have for a snack?"  As a good parent that I am, I would give them a few choices but their heads would shake in dis believe.  So I came up with a way to make sure they may like it and dip them in their favorite fruit salsa or just plain.

Preheat the oven to 375
What you need to get is just a plain tortilla shell.  It could be whole wheat too if you have it in the pantry.  Put a tablespoon of olive oil and spread it around the shell until it is covered with the oil.  You may also use melted butter or coconut oil. The sky is the limit.  

Since I mixed 1/2 cup of white sugar with a teaspoon of cinnamon and a dash of pumpkin pie spice, I sprinkled it all over the shell.  Pop it in the oven for about 3 to 5 minutes until crispy

When i took it out of the oven, it looked like a baked so papilla but with out the frying.  The possibilities are endless.  For dipping sauce, you can use honey, chocolate sauce or eat it the way that it is.  But make sure there is enough for everyone.  Because you never know when the kids or spouse wants more.

Enjoy and happy baking..



~Nicole
You will need



1 package of tortilla shells (small or large)

tablespoon of your choice of oil/butter

cinnamon and sugar 

*preheat oven to 375.
mix together cinnamon and sugar
oil or butter the shell
sprinkle the sugar mixture on top
bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until the shell is puffy.

Eat and Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment