Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pencil pillar for a favorite teacher

 For today, I had some time to make a pencil pillar for my co-worker because she had my 5 year old in her class for about a year.  And I thought this project was the perfect teacher "Thank you".  

What you would need for this project is a 2 pack of pencils, a clear pillar and a bunch of glue sticks for your glue gun.  But before you do this project, make sure that the glass is cleaned off there are no smudges while putting the pencils on.


 The next step is to put the pencils into place.  Learning the hard way, I decide to burn my fingers just a little bit. What I did to make sure not to burn the fingers was to put glue along the side of the pencil that was already glued to the pillar.  Of course I had help with my 11 year old, so Samantha insisted on gluing the remaining pencils.  You want to make sure that all the pencils are touching each other.  If not you may see little tooth pick gaps.  But no one is pickier than me when it comes to making your own crafts.
   Then there you have it.  38 pencils that are glued by me and my little helper. 3 items for 3 dollars from the dollar store.  For the inside of the pillar, you may  use any filler you may like.  It could be glass stones, pen flowers or any thing that a teacher, friend or neighbor may use.  The choice is yours when it comes to crafting.  There is no right or wrong way, just "Your way".

Till next time and be creative.

~Nicole~

No comments:

Post a Comment