Friday, July 5, 2013

4th o July fun

Celebrating the 4th of July is one of the best holidays where families and friends get together for BBQ's, camping, Bon fires 
at night while watching fireworks, or even watching your kids laugh and play around win relatives or their friends from school.  

This year, the husband and I invited Zack's good friend form school along with his parents and younger sister for dinner and some neighborhood fireworks.  

We set off sparklers for he kids to do.

The 5 kids had the best time running around with sparklers acting like it was a flag waving behind them.  Us adults just had a friendly conversation about the upcoming school year along with catching up on small things.  Since Abby was a little small to hold a sparkler much less need her little eyes open till the beginning of the fire work show, she didn't mind getting spoiled by a little baby fix by Roseanne.  
Emma and Ella made the most if it by holding water balloons and pretending it as "babies".  These two girls are soo fun to watch and while I watched them play,  it made me think of the imagination I had at that age.  

To top it off the night with an awesome light show care of my neighbors across the street.  Us adults were planning on going to the local park to watch fireworks,  but caught up with our children's laughter and fireworks,  not to mention our biting friends, he mosquitoes.  
I am looking forward to having more play dates and adult get together a with our friends, the Brown family.  

Until next time

~Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Just checking out you blog! How fun for you to do this! I have been thinking about starting one for years but somehow my Facebook kind of turned into a blog for me. Its all I can do to keep up on posting pic's there. We did have so much fun on the 4th. We should plan another night when the kids start school and this crazy summer slows down! Will have you all at our place this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we should. I miss hanging out and catching up with you and Craig. Hopefully Emma and Ella are in the same class together, I am anxious for Thursday who is in the class, even Zack's class too.

    ReplyDelete